SSC is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This is considered to be one of the biggest examination to be conducted for graduate students.
We know how much people keep an eye on latest government jobs, especially at the graduate level. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India because of the salary and the power that it offers in the government organization. A lucrative career awaits those who clear the SSC-CGL exam. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. While a government job helps to build a stable career, it is also loaded with responsibilities.
SSC CGL Exam offers a wide range of posts but sometimes it leaves candidates confused about the Job Profiles. Through this article, we are providing you the details of Job Profiles under SSC CGL Exam:-
|A||Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service|
|B||Assistant||Central Vigilance Commission|
|C||Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau|
|D||Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway|
|E||Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs|
|F||Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts (Department under C&AG)|
|G||Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ|
|H||Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/Organisations with Grade Pay Rs.4600/-|
|I||Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/Organisations
with Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
|J||Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT|
|N||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|O||Sub- Inspector||Central Bureau Of Investigation|
|P||Inspector of Post||Department of Post|
|Q||Divisional Accountant||Office under C&AG|
|R||Junior Statistical Officer||M/Statistics & Prog Implementation|
|S||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics|
|T||Auditor||Office under C&AG|
|U||Auditor||Office under CGDA|
|V||Auditor||Office under CGA & Others|
|W||Accountant/Jr. Accountant||Office under C&AG|
|X||Accountant/Jr. Accountant||Office under CGA & others|
|Y||Upper Division Clerks/
Senior Secretariat Assistant
|Central Govt Offices/Ministries other than
|$||Compiler||Registrar General of India|
|#||Sub- Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics|
|%||Sub- Inspector||National Investigation Agency(NIA)|
|=||Upper Division Clerks||Dte. Gen Border Road Organisation (MOD) *
(Only for Male Candidates)
SSC CGL Notification 2017
The official notification published on May 15th, 2017 by the governing body. Keep yourself updated through this page for more information.
Click Here to APPLY ONLINE
SSC CGL Vacancy 2017
This year SSC is going to release a large no of vacancies for the graduates in India. So, prepare yourself because, “If you want peace, you must prepare for the war”. According to the latest news updates, SSC will release about 20 thousand vacancies in the year 2017, the confirmation will soon be updated once released by SSC on ssc.nic.in. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 10689+ later on.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
SSC has given the tentative schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam. The important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 are as follows:
|Application form available from||15th May 2017|
|Last date for registration||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10th-11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||February 2018|
SSC CGL Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 are given below:-
|S.No||Examination Centres & Centre Code||Address to which the applications should be sent|
|1||Agra(3001), Allahabad(3003), Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) , Kanpur(3009), Lucknow (3010) Meerut(3011), Varanasi (3013), Bhagalpur (3201), Muzaffarpur(3205), Patna(3206)||Regional Director(CR), Staff Selection Commission, 21-23, Lowther Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-211 002.|
|2||Gangtok (4001), Ranchi(4205), Barasat (4402), Berhampore (WB) (4403), Chinsurah (4405), Jalpaiguri (4408), Kolkata(4410), Malda (4412),Midnapur (4413), Siliguri (4415), Berhampore (Odisha) (4602), Bhubaneshwar (4604), Cuttack (4605), Keonjhargarh (4606), Sambalpur (4609), Port Blair (4802)||Regional Director (ER), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st MSO Building,(8th Floor), 234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020|
|3||Bangalore(9001), Dharwar(9004), Gulbarga (9005), Mangalore(9008), Mysore (9009), Kochi (9204), Kozhikode(Calicut)(9206), Thiruvananthapuram (9211), Thrissur (9212)||Regional Director(KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st Floor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka-560034|
|4||Almora(2001), Dehradun(2002), Haldwani (2003), Srinagar (Uttarakhand) (2004), Haridwar (2005), Delhi(2201), Ajmer(2401), Alwar(2402), Bharatpur(2403),Bikaner (2404), Jaipur(2405), Jodhpur(2406), Kota(2407), Sriganganagar (2408), Udaipur(2409)||Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504|
|5||Itanagar(5001), Dibrugarh(5102), Guwahati (Dispur)(5105), Jorhat (5107),Silchar(5111), Kohima (5302), Shillong(5401) ,Imphal(5501), Churachandpur (5502), Agartala(5601), Aizwal(5701)||Regional Director(NER), Staff Selection Commission, HOUSEFED Complex, West End Block, Last Gate, Beltola Basistha Road, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam-781 006|
|6||Guntur(8001), Kurnool (8003), Rajahmundry(8004), Tirupati (8006), Vishakhapatnam (8007), Vijaywada (8008) Chennai(8201), Coimbatore(8202), Madurai (8204), Tiruchirapalli (8206), Tirunelveli (8207), Puducherry(8401), Hyderabad(8601), Nizamabad (8602),Warangal(8603)||Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, EVK Sampath Building, 2 nd Floor, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006|
|7||Ahmedabad(7001) Vadodara (7002), Rajkot(7006), Surat(7007), Bhavnagar(7009), Kutch (7010), Amravati (7201), Aurangabad(7202), Kolhapur(7203), Mumbai(7204), Nagpur (7205), Nanded (7206), Nashik (7207), Pune(7208), Thane(7210) Bhandara (7211), Chandrapur(7212), Akola(7213), Jalgaon(7214), Ahmednagar(7215),Alibaug(7216) Panaji(7801)||Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission, 1 st Floor, South Wing, Pratishta Bhawan, 101 M.K. Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020|
|8||Bhopal(6001), Chindwara(6003), Guna(6004), Gwalior (6005), Indore(6006), Jabalpur (6007), Khandwa (6009), Ratlam(6011), Satna(6014), Sagar (6015), Ambikapur(6201), Bilaspur(6202) Jagdalpur(6203), Raipur(6204), Durg(6205)||Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, J-5, Anupam Nagar, Raipur, Chhatisgarh-492001|
|9||Anantnag (1001), Baramula(1002), Jammu(1004), Leh(1005), Rajouri(1006), Srinagar(J&K)(1007), Kargil (1008), Dodda (1009), Hamirpur (1202), Shimla(1203), Bhathinda (1401), Jalandhar(1402), Patiala (1403), Amritsar( 1404), Chandigarh (1601)||Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Gr. Floor, Kendriya Sadan,Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2017
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. The first two are online, the third is descriptive in nature and the fourth is DEST/CPT(Data Entry Speed Test)/(computer proficiency test).DEST is for the post of Tax Assistant while CPT will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services) and MEA (Ministry of External Affairs).The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year is conducted in four tiers for various posts. The four tiers are indicated below:
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier-IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of exam pattern and syllabus. SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- No Interviews: Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
- Skill Test: The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Final Merit List: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III.However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately.
- Minimum Mark Required for Descriptive: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2017
The SSC CGL Tier I Exam 2017, is scheduled to take place from 1st August to 20th August 2017. This is the time for you to roll up your sleeves and start preparing for the SSC CGL Tier I 2017.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is CBE (computer based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks in all sections.
- The duration of exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is CBE (computer based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Keyboard.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a (DES)descriptive exam and is conducted offline. Candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This is to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Focus on the Intro. and conclusion of the Essay. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):
For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax).
Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as the part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
Requirement: 8000 key depression per hour, that is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
Relaxation: VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): For Assistant in CSS and MEA.
The Commission will provide the Computer for the test. The Skill test in Computer Proficiency is a qualifying test only. It will consist of three Modules in the following manner:
(I) Word Processing Test: 2000 Key Depressions
(II) Test in spread Sheets on Microsoft Excel: 15 Minutes
(III) Test in PowerPoint (Microsoft Power Point): 15 Minutes
- After the test of Module-I is over, the candidate will have to write in his/her own handwriting one paragraph of about 50-60 words from the Data Entry passage given to him/her on a separate sheet, then only the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module-II.
- The candidate has to prepare spreadsheet as per the given exercise in 15 minutes and then save it with the filename as prescribed in the exercise sheet. Printout of the saved files should be taken thereafter.
- After the test of Module II is over, the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module III (PowerPoint) which has to be completed in 15 minutes. The candidate has to prepare presentation slides as per the exercise givenand then save it as instructed above as well as print the same.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions.
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
➡Age limit will be reckoned as on 1st August, 2017:
- Educational Qualification:The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
- Physical Fitness Requirements: There are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Online Application
The last date to apply online is 16th June,2017.
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/- except female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration.
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must fill registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
The admit card will be available after the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. First, the admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
The admit card will be available after the release of the official notification of SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for govt. exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in govt. departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in the every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our COUNTRY and in order to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in INDIA. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
SSC CGL Cut Off:
Declaration of Result of Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Examination, 2016.
The Staff Selection Commission has successfully completed the conduct of the Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier-I)-2016 in Computer Based Mode. The Examinations were conducted from 27.8.2016 to 11.9.2016, at Srinagar on 25.9.2016, while the re-examination for candidates for the Second Shift (Batch-II) on 27.8.2016 was conducted on 27.10.2016. Out of 38.04 lakh registered candidates, approximately 14.82 lakh candidates in 44 Batches appeared in 96 Cities across the country.
The Category-wise details of candidates who have qualified for Tier-II and cut-off applied for each category are given in the Table below:
Declaration of Result of Combined Graduate Level (Tier-II) Examination, 2016.
The Staff Selection Commission conducted Computer Based Examination for Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2016 (Tier-II) from 30.11.2016 to 02.12.2016 and re-examination at certain venues on 12.01.2017 and 13.01.2017.
- Based on the marks in written examination in Tier-I and Tier-II and as per cut-off fixed by the Commission, candidates qualifying as per lists as under:
SSC CGL Answer Key 2017
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of Tier-1 exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their approximate marks and expected ranks in SSC CGL Tier-1 exam.