SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 – The Selection Procedure of SBI PO includes three stages – Preliminary, Mains and Interview. As per the SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017, all the candidates who will apply for the exam against the advertisement will be called to appear for the Preliminary Examination in the first stage. Aspirants qualifying the Preliminary Examination by securing the passing marks and cut off will appear for the Mains Examination. The Mains Examination will comprise of Objective and Descriptive Test. The aggregate marks of the candidates qualifying both the objective and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category to shortlist candidates for the Group Discussion (GD) and Interview.
The marks obtained by the candidates in the Mains Examination will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview for the preparation of final merit list. Final Selection will be made from the top ranked candidates. Check below for the stages of SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017.
Features of the SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017
1. SBI conducts the probationary officer recruitment in three stages.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Group Discussion and Interview
2. The examination will be conducted online and all the questions will be of objective type. The candidates will have to select one option out of the four options given in the questions.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 (Preliminary Examination)
- The Preliminary examination is an objective type examination where the candidates need to select one correct option out of given four options.
- The total mark of the exam is 100.
- For every correct response provided, the candidates would be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong response ¼ mark will be deducted. However, no mark will be deducted for any response.
- The test would be conducted online and every response should be marked properly.
- The total time allotted is 60 minutes.
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. An adequate number of candidates approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 (Main Examination)
- SBI PO Main Examination 2017 will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
- Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- The objective test will be for 3-hour duration consisting of 4 sections of total 200 marks.
- The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- For every correct response provided, the candidates would be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong response ¼ marks will get deducted. However, no mark will be deducted for any response.
- The Descriptive section will carry 50 marks and would also be an online test.
- The question will be displayed on the monitor below whom space would be provided where the candidates will have to type the answer using the keyboard.
- The duration of this test would be 30 minutes.
- This test will be a test of English language to judge the writing skills of the candidates where the focus would be on letter writing and essay.
- The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 (Group Discussion and personal Interview):
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- The candidates who clear the SBI PO Cutoff score of the Main Examination would then be called for a group discussion and personal Interview test where the candidates will have to face an Interview board.
- The final merit list would be released on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Main and Interview.
SBI PO Final Selection Process 2017
- The SBI PO Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD and Interview(Phase-III) for the preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion and Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion and Interview out of 100 for each category.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
SBI PO 2017 Notification – Check Here
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Admit Card 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Syllabus 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Cutoff 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 – Check Here