SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 – Looking for the SBI PO Exam Pattern? Then you have landed up on the right page. Here we have provided the detailed Exam Pattern of SBI PO. The scheme of examination includes – Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, Group Exercises and Interview. Aspirants qualifying the Prelims Exam of SBI PO will be allowed to appear for the Mains Exam. Subsequently, candidates qualifying the Mains Exam will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The Preliminary Examination will be an objective test of 100 marks. The Mains Examination will comprise of Objective and Descriptive Test. The marks obtained in the Mains Exam and Group Exercises and Interview will be added to the final merit list. Getting familiar with the Exam Pattern of SBI PO 2017 will help the candidates to plan their study. Going through the SBI PO Exam Pattern, candidates will know the number of sections, structure of the exam, total marks, time duration etc. Check below to know the Exam Pattern of SBI PO in details.
Stages under the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017:
The stages of recruitment involved under the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 are as follows:
- Phase 1: Preliminary Examination
- Phase 2: Main Examination
- Phase 3: Group Exercises and Interview
Phase 1: SBI PO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2017
Important highlights for the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 of the Preliminary Examination are as follows:
- The Preliminary examination is an objective type examination where the candidates need to select one correct option out of given four options.
- The total mark of the Prelims exam as per SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 is 100.
- For every correct response provided, the candidates would be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong response ¼ mark willet deducted. However, no mark will be deducted for any response.
- The test would be conducted online.
- The total time allotted is 60 minutes or 1 hour.
- The candidates should note that there are three sections in the Preliminary examination which have sectional cutoffs which the candidates need to clear.
Structure of SBI PO Preliminary Examination:
|Serial No.||Name of section||Number of Questions asked in the section||Total marks in the section||Time allotted|
|1||English Language||30||30||A total of 1 hour (no fixed timing for any section)|
Phase 2: SBI PO Main Exam Pattern 2017
The candidates who score above the SBI PO Preliminary Cutoff Score 2017 will be allowed to take the SBI PO Main Exam 2017 which will follow a completely different exam pattern. SBI has made some changes in the exam pattern of SBI PO Main Examination. Mains Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
The main examination of SBI PO is divided into two stages:
- Objective Test
- Descriptive Test
- SBI PO Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
- Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- The objective test will be for 3-hour duration consisting of 4 sections of total 200 marks.
- The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- For every correct response provided, the candidates would be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong response ¼ marks will get deducted. However, no mark will be deducted for any response.
Structure of Objective Test:
|Serial No||Name of section||Number of Questions asked in the section||Total marks in the section||Time Duration|
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
Descriptive Section Pattern:
Along with the objective type question, the Main Exam will have questions in the descriptive format as well. Following are the important points to ponder for the written examination:
- The Descriptive Test will be of 30 minutes duration comprising of 50 marks.
- The test will be of English Language (Letter Writing and Essay).
- The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
- This test will judge the writing skills of the candidates.
Changes observed in Descriptive Test:
- The descriptive paper will carry 50 marks and the time duration will be 30 minutes. Earlier, the total time duration for the descriptive paper was 60 minutes.
Phase 3: Group Exercises and Personal Interview
The candidates who clear the cutoff score for the Main Examination would then be called for a group discussion and personal Interview test where the candidates will have to face an Interview board. The Group Discussion will carry 20 marks and Interview will carry 30 marks. The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. An adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion and Interview will be decided by the Bank.
Number of Attempts in SBI PO examination 2016
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of chances permissible are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010. Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.
The table given below will make the candidates understand better:
|Category||Number of chances|
|SC/SC (PWD)/ST/ST (PWD)||No restriction|
SBI PO 2017 Notification – Check Here
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Admit Card 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Syllabus 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Cutoff 2017 – Check Here
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2017 – Check Here