Directions (1-15): Four sentences are given with a blank in each. Five words are also given. The blank in each sentence can be filled by one or more words. Similarly, each word given in the choices can go into any number of sentences. Identify the number of sentences each word can go into and mark as your answer the maximum number of sentences any word can go into.
Q1. A. The little boy was pampered by his grandparents, who catered to his every __________.
- “Your __________ is my command”, said the genie to the prince.
- I __________ you could understand me better.
- Being an easygoing person, she behaves according to her own __________ and fancy.
Q2. A. I could finish my work __________ ahead of time.
- He is __________ off when compared to his other siblings.
- By his attitude, I could make out that he does not mean __________.
- She is __________ dressed when compared to other women in the gathering.
Q3. A. For many years India was __________ in a tricky situation, whether to go in for a nuclear weapon or not.
- The marathon innings of the batsman came to an end when he was finally __________ by the same bowler who troubled him the most.
- The notorious burglar was finally __________ by the cops.
- I was __________ unaware when my photograph was clicked.
Q4. A. The management took no __________ of the problems pertaining to the workers.
- The class teacher was called to __________ for the dismal performance of the students in the examination.
- Many young cricket fans __________ Tendulkar as a hero.
- The principal promised the students that he would __________ their demands.
Q5. A. The jail authorities have decided to __________ some of the prisoners, who possessed a clean record, as a gesture of good will.
- He decided to __________ himself of all responsibilities by handing over charge to his successor.
- Since he is a spendthrift he is very __________ in spending money.
- Government aided schools are now offering to teach computer course to students __________ of charge.
Q6. A. The millionaire has __________ Rs. 10,00,000 for this priceless artifact.
- In a/an __________ to rescue the child who was caught in fire, she sustained burns.
- I went to the railway station to __________ goodbye to my friend.
- I was asked to __________ a price by the auctioneer.
Q7. A. He __________ many spine-chilling anecdotes to us.
- The law extends to several __________ groups.
- This person is not __________ to me in any way, he is a trickster.
- The two groups are __________ to each other.
Q8. A. Can you please __________ the bell?
- The words spoken by him still __________in my ears.
- Mahatma Gandhi was the __________ leader of the Non-Cooperation movement.
- I shall give you a __________ after reaching home.
Q9. A. Many students still __________ around the college, even after the classes are over.
- Every citizen of India should __________ his head in shame at the brutal killings in the name of religion.
- There is ample space in the wardrobe for you to __________ your clothes.
- “__________ the perpetrators of the crime!” shouted the angry mob.
Q10. A. This book pertaining to fine arts is beyond a __________ man’s comprehension.
- I helped mother to __________ the table for breakfast.
- In her hour of distress she had to __________ her hopes on her relatives to help her.
- He requested me to __________ some money.
Q11. A. My friends tried to cheer me up, as I was in a depressed __________ of mind.
- All the senior leaders of the party have assembled together to __________ a new election strategy.
- He wanted to change the __________ of his spectacles.
- Can you please __________ this picture for me?
Q12. A. Despite being hardworking he could never __________ success in his career.
- He is such a spoilsport that he cannot __________ a joke against himself.
- This toothpaste has the __________ of mint.
- The __________ of mango is relished by the young and old alike.
Q13. A. Akbar was known for his benevolence, people were happy during his __________.
- Cleopatra has an ambition to __________ the world as a queen of beauty.
- Better to __________ in hell than to serve in heaven.
- One should not allow indolence to __________ over oneself.
Q14. A. I do not __________ him as a brilliant performer.
- The __________ of interest offered by Nationalized banks is very low.
- At any __________ I shall see that you get over the crisis.
- He rose from the __________ of a soldier to that of a commissioned officer.
Q15. A. The __________ accused in the murder, was sentenced to death.
- __________ time soap operas on the television charge exorbitant rates from advertisers.
- Abolition of illiteracy should be the __________ concern of every state government.
- The office of the Vice chancellor is in the __________ building of the University.
Sol. ‘WISH’ fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘well ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. caught -fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘consider ‘ fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘free ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘bid ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘related ‘ fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘ring ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘hang ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘lay ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. frame -fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. taste -fits in three sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘rule ‘fits in all the above sentences correctly.
Sol. ‘rate ‘ fits in all the above sentences correctly.
S15 . Ans.(b)
Sol. fits in all the above sentences correctly.